DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday Dirty Tricks by @XandraJames #chicklit

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for this week.


"Well, I guess you've heard all the rumours about the house?" Cat said it conversationally, trying to gauge exactly what this guy knew and how she could play on it.
"Ghostly happenings, you mean?" His smile didn't quite meet his eyes now and Cat felt completely exposed as his gaze travelled down the length of her, still sitting on the floor. "I can assure you, Miss—?"
"Wakely. Catherine Wakely."

"Miss Wakely, I intend to get to the bottom of whoever is trying to discourage the build." His blue eyes sparkled as he stared her down and Cat could’ve sworn he already knew the cause of all the mischief, despite her being a careful saboteur.

~ Dirty Tricks by Xandra James (Romantic Comedy, Chick Lit)

Leave me a comment and I'll return the visit shortly. Have a great week!



you might also like

Xandra James

14 comments:

  1. Very interesting teaser :) here is my Tuesday Teaser from Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper if you want to check it out

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Teaser!! Sounds good :)
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/11/teaser-tuesday-14_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Teaser made me curious about why Catherine is sabotaging the project and whether or not she'll get away with it.
    My Teaser is from THE MERYL STREEP MOVIE CLUB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was curious too.
      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, wonder what will happen...

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to read it, Valentina. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. What an excellent teaser - what has she been up to I wonder? Here is my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been up to mischief. Thanks for stopping by, Cleopatra.

      Delete
  6. Great teaser! Sounds like a fun read:) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say thanks for the comments, everyone! And thanks for LoveBites and Silk for featuring me on their Tuesday Teaser ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons