DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday - Secrets by Kiru Taye

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for this week. I chose this because it reflects how I feel when I wake up in the morning these days. :-)

"Wake up, beauty." Benjamin's alert tone penetrated Selina's sleep.
She stirred slowly, her body weighed down, languid. The aroma of dark roasted coffee beans wafted around her, alerting her brain. She lifted her eyelids and blinked a few times.

Sunlight streamed in, the black heavy curtains pulled back. A light breeze coming through the open balcony door lifted the white sheer curtain beneath. Cool air kissed her shoulders and face. She dragged the bedcovers up, burrowing deeper.


Leave me a comment and I'll return the visit shortly. Have a fab day.

you might also like

Teaser Tuesday

23 comments:

  1. What a great way to wake up, I love summer mornings like that! Good teaser!
    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/11/tuesday-teasers-4-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen! I want to wake up that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice morning! I'm playing this week here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teaser! What a wonderful way to wake up :)

    here is my Tuesday Teaser if you want to check it out

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smell of coffee in the morning.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this would be a great way to wake up. My TT can be seen here: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays-nov-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, lovely ;)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't beat waking up to the smell of coffee in my book. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/teaser-tuesday-november-19/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful way to wake up. I think I'd enjoy reading Secrets.
    My Teaser is from THE HUSBAND'S SECRET.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice way to start the day. Nice tease.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons