DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday +Opening Paragraph-Basement Level 5: Never Scared @LWrightAuthor

This week I'm reading Basement Level 5: Never Scared by L.R. Wright and participating in First Chapter, First Paragraph hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea  as well as Teaser Tuesday hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is the opener from Chapter 1:



November 3, 2011
The raging storm increased in intensity as the hours crawled by. Violent gusts of wind howled and rocked the huge mansion. Flashes of lightning filtered through the closed blinds, followed closely by loud, crashing thunder. Tree branches scratched against the roof as the pounding rain battered the house.
Alexa had just started to relax when she heard a distinctly different sound outside. Gunshot? She bolted upright on the sofa and listened intently. Standing up, she walked to the window to investigate. Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. She started for the door then hesitated. Another knock sounded a few minutes later. Slowly continuing to the door, she peered through the peephole. A stranger stood outside. Alexa hesitated before opening the door. A cold chill ran up her spine.
 

Here's my teaser:



“What the hell was that?” Alexa growled. She whirled around and trained her gun on Nicholas, pressing the tip to his temple. 
Nicholas’ eyes widened. “I just wanted to help. I thought—”
“Why are you here?” she asked. “I told you to monitor the cameras. What makes you think we need your help? We had this situation under control and you jeopardized our safety by leaving your post and coming here.”


If you enjoy kick-ass heroines in suspense/thrillers, then you can't go wrong with this one. I'm enjoying to so far.

you might also like

thriller

34 comments:

  1. That is an intro that dew me in but the cover makes me think this one might not work for me?? Hope u enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a thriller with some romance, so if you like that then you might want to check it out. Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. This one sounds pretty good....full of suspense! Enjoy!
    Here's my post!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/05/tuesday-memes-all-girl-filling-stations.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary opening, builds up the tension, I would read on but I'd be scared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a scary opening but it's not gory just suspenseful. It keeps me turning the pages.

      Delete
  4. I love a strong female heroine. Hope it's not too scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not horror scary just loads of action.

      Delete
  5. Is this a series? The beginning is definitely good at managing to build tension! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy the rest of the book!
    My Tuesday posts
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not aware of it being a series. I think it's a standalone

      Delete
  6. The Teaser is really descriptive. I would like to read this one. The bodyguard left his post. Oh boy, how can she feel secure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Makes you wonder what he's up to. ;)

      Delete
  7. Very suspenseful! Can't wait to know what happens next. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! that's pretty intense. I'd have to read it with all the lights on and in a crowded room. Enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I know what you mean. That's how I read some book but this one isn't that bad.

      Delete
  9. Sounds scary. I'm wondering why she opened the door. I wouldn't!
    My Teaser is from PATTY JANE'S HOUSE OF CURL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have opened the door either. But Alexa is one kick-ass heroine. So it's the kind of thing she does.

      Delete
  10. The introduction certainly grabbed my attention. I felt like I was right there. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one scary opening. I'd keep reading to at least find out if she opened the door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that intro. I would go on.....

    Here is my Intro post!

    AND

    Here is my teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gautami. I'll stop by shortly.

      Delete
  13. A very brave title for something that sounds quite scary. I do hope you are enjoying your read. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/teaser-tuesday-may-6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary in a good way though. Thank you., Cleo.

      Delete
  14. Ohhh, this looks like a great read! I'm really intrigued, though I already know I would get anxious over the "thrilling" parts! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's thrilling in a good way. Thanks for stopping by, Franny.

      Delete
  15. Opening is good and makes you want to know what's going on there. Glad you are enjoying it. My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's the first time I heard about this book and your teaser got me really intrigued!
    Thanks for sharing and I hope you're enjoying the read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not my usual kind of read but it sounds intriguing! I like suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one does sound like a good thriller. My teasers this week are from Caged Warrior by Alan Sitomer and Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intense teaser! I like it. Will check this out for sure. Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons