DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday + Opening Paragraph-Keeping Secrets @KiruTaye #diversifyourshelves

This week I'm reading Keeping Secrets by Kiru Taye and participating in First Chapter, First Paragraph hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea  as well as Teaser Tuesday hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is the opener from Chapter 1:

 “Mrs. Essien, your husband is out of his coma.”
Phone pressed against one ear, the other hand reaching for the remote control, Ebony
bolted upright. Her hand shook as she fumbled to mute the television news channel she’d
been watching. The discarded controller clanked onto the clear, glass-topped side table.
“D...did I hear you correctly? Felix is awake?” She couldn’t hide the tremor in her voice,
nor relax her tight-knuckled grip on the overstuffed arm of the upholstered cream sofa.
Disbelief warred with hope, trampling all over her troubled mind.


 Here's my teaser:

“I...I’m Ebony,” she said, and waited for a sign of recognition from him. When none
came, his face remaining impassive, she continued.
“Your wife. Don’t you remember me?”


~ pg 13 pdf, Keeping Secrets by Kiru Taye.

The Blurb:

Have you ever loved someone and didn’t even know it?
That’s the dilemma facing Felix Essien when he wakes from a coma to find he is married
to the most beautiful and sensual woman he’s ever known. He cannot remember her or their
wedding; he who had sworn never to get married or to give his heart to another. Yet, he feels
an intense bond with her that he intends to explore fully.
Ebony can’t believe her good fortune when her paper husband wakes not remembering the
temporary marriage arrangement with no intimacies he’d proposed, and is now the adoring
husband she’s always dreamt of.
She plans to make the most of the passion blossoming between them. However, would he
still feel that way when he regains his memory and realises she’s been keeping secrets and
their marriage is not what he thinks it is?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a comment and I'll return the visit shortly. Have a great week.

Maya xx



you might also like

Teaser Tuesday

20 comments:

  1. While I don't think this is my kind of boo, the intro makes me curious as to how Felix ended up in the coma. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my usual sort of read but it's a really good opening that grabs the reader's interest. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is something I would normally pick up, but I am curious now, so I'd keep reading at least long enough to figure out why they married in the first place!
    Today I'm spotlighting The Daring Ladies of Lowell.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/05/tuesday-memes-daring-ladies-of-lowell.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great premise for a novel. Hope you enjoy it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it has the makings of an enjoyable read. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my curiosity :) Thanks for sharing! Here is my teaser from Out of Reach by Missy Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love those books in which a character has no memory, and this definitely sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing, here's mine: http://darkfrannysthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man! Sounds interesting!!

    Trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds good! Would love to know where this goes...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THE ARSONIST”

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Intro. I would go on.....

    Here is my Intro post!

    AND

    Here is my teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would keep reading. One of my favorite guilty pleasures is the movie Overboard, where the woman has amnesia and is taken in my a man claiming to be her husband. Of course, the two in the book are really married, but I think it makes for an interesting romantic plot point when one has amnesia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That must be a spooky feeling for the one you love not to recognize you after coming out of a coma. I'll bet this one will be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure about this one…I'm not a big romance person. Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-bittersweet-miranda-beverly-whittemore/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering if she was glad or mad that he woke up. Interesting plot twist that he does not remember her. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've started it and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a good romance and I'm curious about how it will work out. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely an opening which draws you right in there, I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons