DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday + Opening Paragraph-Midwife To Destiny by @NanaPrah

This week I'm reading Midwife to Destiny by Nana Prah and participating in First Chapter, First Paragraph hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea  as well as Teaser Tuesday hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is the opener from the prologue:

The pain pulsing through Aurora ‘Ora’ Aikins’ injured wrist transitioned into a delicious, unfamiliar tingle when Dr. Lartey touched it.
“It’s just my luck to come on vacation and get hurt,” she huffed in frustration as she forced herself to not sigh at the pleasure his gentle probing touch evoked.
“You were very lucky. The x-ray shows your wrist isn’t broken, but you sustained a very bad sprain so you have to be careful with it,” he said, sounding all business-like.
Each time he touched her wrist, her stomach twisted and her awareness of him as a man, with the need to get to know him better, intensified.
These sensations unnerved her but the gorgeous man she had the privilege of calling her doctor seemed unaffected.

Here's my teaser. It make me laugh when I read it.

She crossed her arms over her chest, bringing the crest of her breasts into view. Nice. He made a mental note to make Ora cross her arms throughout the night.

 ~ page 88 PDF, Midwife to Destiny by Nana Prah

Short Blurb
Aurora Aikins never got over losing the love of her life. Jason Lartey’s sudden reappearance three years after their brief encounter unearths issues she’d rather keep buried. Can she overcome her debilitating fear of commitment or will she be forced to let Jason go, this time forever?

Buy Links

Thank you for stopping by. Leave me a comment and I will return your visit shortly.
Have a great week.
Maya xx

you might also like

Teaser Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Lol, great teaser! Very sensual. Happy reading :)
    Here is my My teaser from Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some chemistry going on. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think things will heat up pretty quickly between those too! Sounds like a fun read.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't sound like my kind of read, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually laughed at this teaser! Great one :)

    I hope you can stop by and visit:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/04/teaser-tuesday-42914.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. That's the way guys think. This sounds like a fun story.
    My Teaser is from A SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLAN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm, not sure about this one, but I hope you enjoy it -- thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at the teaser! Sounds like a fun book! Enjoy!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the teaser you picked out. Made me laugh too. Thanks for having me on Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons