DAWSK_Covert_Tagline_600pw Love at First Sound Cover600pw HCP eCover Final600pw Young black woman sitting surrounded by flowers BeMyValentine-Vol1_eCover600pw

#TeaserTuesday + #OpeningParagraph The Arrangement by @BethanyKris

This week I'm reading The Arrangement by Bethany-Kris, and participating in First Chapter, First Paragraph hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea  as well as Teaser Tuesday hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here's the Opening Paragraph:

Anton sat behind an oak desk, fingers drumming an anxious beat on the wood.
Ivan caught his eye with a sympathetic frown. Their conversation had stalled into
nothing at all. Neither knew what to say anymore. All the words they could dream up to
yell at one another had been used in both English and Russian. They never argued, and if
they did, it was rare. Closer than brothers, and they didn’t even share blood. Very seldom
did Anton find an urge to yell at his Sovietnik the way he had tonight.

Here's the teaser:


"Giving this to me makes you mine, Vine. I don't care about who comes after or the in-betweens. Not when we both know I'm going to be your last." 

~ page 18 pdf, The Arrangement by Bethany Kris.

Short Blurb:
Nothing will stop the Bratva mob boss from taking back what’s his, and once he has her, he’ll do anything to keep her…
***
I hope you enjoyed the snippets. Leave me a comment and I'll return the visit shortly.
Maya xx






you might also like

The Arrangement

8 comments:

  1. Russian mob and love together. Sounds good. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intro does not grab me, but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things could get dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds intriguing! I can feel the tension already. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've studied some Russian in school - long time ago, so I would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The synopsis sounds interesting, even though the beginning didn't grab me. I'm curious about "going to be your last."
    My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing opening, but don't think it's for me. enjoy though and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sounds quite sure of himself. I'll bet he's handsome as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will return the visit.
Have a nice day.

Love Africa Book Club

Bite into a book and fall in love.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons